IV The control system
A good pressure gradient design must be combined with an effective control system to be realized.
1. For the air-conditioning control measures required for the negative pressure isolation ward, a specific pressure difference control should be adopted between each area (the primary purpose of the pressure difference control is to prevent pollutants from spreading from the polluted area to the cleanroom), so that the clean and the dirty regions Reasonable airflow and directional flow are formed between them, and the pressure difference requirements of each area are realized by adjusting the difference between the air supply volume, the return air volume, and the exhaust air volume. (www.clanroomfactory.com)
2. It is recommended that the control system has an alarm function. When the fresh air filter is blocked, the pressure difference is abnormal, or a general failure can give an alarm.
3. Differential pressure sensors should be installed in each area to monitor each room’s pressure gradient in real-time through the intelligent control system and maintain the gradient pressure difference of each size in the negative pressure ward at any time and in any operating state. Simultaneously, according to the community’s needs, when the pressure gradient of the switching system is the ordinary ward, it can also be realized through the control system.
1. To facilitate cleaning and disinfection, the architectural decoration, floor, and wall of the negative pressure ward should meet the requirements of no dust, no bacteria, no dust, no bacteria, no moisture absorption, no moisture permeability, easy to clean, and disinfect.
2. The inner surface of the enclosure structure in the semi-contaminated area must also be smooth, corrosion-resistant, and waterproof to be easy to disinfect and clean, and all gaps should be reliably sealed
3. The intersection angles between the ceiling, floor, and walls should all be arc-shaped and reliably sealed. The ground should be leak-proof, seamless, smooth, and non-slip. A sizeable transparent observation window should be installed on the side of the corridor facing the medical staff. It is recommended to install an intercom device next to the observation window.
4. Negative pressure wards should be equipped with interface devices for bedside treatment facilities such as oxygen and suction and call, intercom, and lighting facilities. The bedside should have not only enough space for bedside X-ray machines, ventilators, and other equipment, but also enough space for living facilities such as televisions, drinking fountains, desks, etc., and set up power sockets, telephones, cable TV ports, and closed circuits—the camera of the surveillance system.
5. All doors in the negative pressure isolation ward should be equipped with automatic door closers, and the entries in the area should be opened to the side with high pressure to increase the airtightness of the door. The glass windows in contaminated and semi-contaminated areas must be sealed. The holes between all types of lamp boxes and ceilings should also be locked and airtight to ensure that the penetrating part fills when any pipeline leads to the isolation ward through the top.
6. The ground construction should also be wear-resistant and non-slip.
7. The location design of the negative pressure isolation ward should also thoroughly consider natural lighting and then use transparent glass partitions to give natural light and even natural landscapes as much as possible to relieve the patient’s depression and anxiety to a certain extent and help treatment and rehabilitation.
This is a battle involving all the people. There are no bystanders and no outsiders. As a supporter and participant of the “anti-epidemic,” we hope to do our best, with professional knowledge, products, and full enthusiasm, to become a strong backing for the front-line medical staff of the “anti-epidemic” to serve the construction of hospitals and fight the epidemic Go all out!
May the epidemic end as soon as possible!