We encounter many customers who have actual needs but insufficient funds. From the customer’s standpoint, we use the lowest possible cost to match the clean environment that their manufacturing process needs. Here we introduce a low-cost cleanroom design and construction method for reference by industry insiders and users in related industries. Check our clean room supplies here.
Application range of low cost clean room (turbulent flow room)
1. Mainly laboratories, analytical laboratories, and explosion rooms with less than 100 square meters. Part of the manufacturing process in electronics factories, food and beverage factories, and pharmaceutical factories.
2. Maximum usable area limit: less than 600㎡.
3. Reliable purification level; old national standard 10,000 level.100000 level. ISO Class 7 and below.
4. There is no or almost no dust-generating equipment in the turbulent flow room.
Low Cost Clean Room General Equipment
1. Air shower room (optional for single to four blowings, and sticky mat for 1-3 blowing).
2. Pass box. Mechanical interlocking is delicate.
3. Fresh air purifier. For more than five people, 8-hour work plant.
4. Split air conditioner—the number determined by the cleanroom area and the number of people inside.
5. Pressurized air cabinet. High-efficiency or medium-efficiency pressurized air cabinets can be selected according to the actual area and the number of people inside.
6. HEPA box. If it is less than 100 square meters, you can choose a high-efficiency air cabinet. It is not necessary to equip with a HEPA box. Otherwise, it is essential.
7. Pre-filter. It can be in the pressurized air cabinet or separately set at the return air outlet.
8. Purification circulation duct.
Materials and configuration
1. The ground. Ordinary anti-corrosion ground; anti-static floor. Choose the ground thickness according to the clean room’s technical requirements and the plain background condition.
2. Wall. Dust-proof treatment of cement wall can be selected; plastic steel + glass partition; color steel plate partition is the best.
3. Ceiling. According to the building height and purification level, an aluminum alloy ceiling can be selected, or the top surface can be directly dust-proof.
4. Corner. Party A, who chooses low-cost clean rooms, often does not desire a full-color steel plate enclosure so that the arc angle treatment can b in the ceiling construction or ground construction before construction.
5. Configuration. Items 5, 6, and 7 of available equipment can be separated or combined according to actual conditions. Based on the principle of “reliable effect and convenient maintenance.”
6. Split air conditioner plus medium-efficiency cotton. Some electronics factories add medium-efficiency cotton behind the split air conditioner’s return hood, which has improved the field testing effect.
7. Differential pressure control. The low-cost cleanroom’s airtightness is generally poor. The number of air changes should be increased. The purification and non-purification should be greater than 6Pa. The pressure difference between the purification zone and the outdoor should be more significant than 12Pa.
8. Special cases. Some of the manufacturing processes of pharmaceutical factories and optical factories are separated in small areas of central air-conditioning, using medium-efficiency (bag or box) filters and fans, without return air, and can reach 300,000 levels. (but noisy)
IV Cost analysis
The low cost clean room low cost is mainly standard in the price of central air-conditioning and split air-conditioning and related supporting construction. Take a 30-hp air conditioner as an example. The cost of using 15 to 20 split air conditioners is about 40-60% cheaper than us water-cooled cabinets plus cold water towers, pipes, etc. Using split air conditioners can also achieve a simple temperature requirement for the general processing industry, whose primary requirement is personnel comfort, cheaper but good.
It should be noted that the low-cost cleanroom approach is only for those without constant temperature and humidity requirements. The comfort of the staff is the only requirement. If there are requirements for constant temperature, constant humidity, sterilization, production dust recycling, etc., the central purification air conditioner should be used.
In actual construction, because the product’s technical requirements are not fully understood when put into production, it is not uncommon to start all over again after the first batch of trial production. Therefore, the purification project contractor should understand customer’s products’ technical requirements and give the most appropriate design scheme. The customer shall at least clarify the necessities.
Note: For a small cleanroom area, the above design can meet specific requirements, but microbial control certainly does not meet the specifications.